Ready For Retail - Queensland
If you live in Queensland and are interested in working in retail, this course is for you!
Get your Certificate II in Retail Services (SIR20212), including practical industry training with some of Asutralia's most reputable retailers, through Australia's leading retail peak body, the National Retail Association.
This training will help participants gain the professional ‘edge’ and achieve career and income goals. Undertaking one of the following accredited training courses gives you the skills required to work in the retail industry.
You may very well also be eligible to receive this training free under the Queensland Government Community Learning Program (speak to your Ostara Australia Consultant to find out more).
The NRA assists the retail sector in Queensland by delivering a number of government funded pre-employment programs and linking work ready participants to retail employers through work experience. Delivery locations are throughout Queensland.
SIR20212 Certificate II in Retail Services
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of activities and functions requiring basic retail operational knowledge and limited practical skills.
Work would be undertaken in various retail store settings, such as specialty stores, supermarkets, department stores and retail outlets. Individuals may work with some autonomy or in a team, but usually under close supervision.
Individuals may undertake the qualification with little or no experience in the industry.
Graduates will be able to perform roles such as:
- Provide product and service advice in a retail store
- Sell products and services in a variety of retail settings
- Work as a checkout operator
- Check stock and replenish shelves
- Organise and maintain work areas and displays.
What are the benefits?
- Instruction by Leading Industry specialists
- Learning in a peer group environment or one on one
- Completion of an accredited nationally recognised qualification
- Pathway to higher-level tertiary qualifications
Ready for Retail 2015
The Ready for Retail course runs for seven weeks, upon completions students will receive a SIR20212 Certificate II in Retail Services.
Core skills gain from attending this course are:
- Job search skills
- Cover letter writing skills
- Resume development
- Interview skills
- Work experience placement with a host employer
To express interest in this course, please contact your Ostara Australia consultant.