Designed for men and women like you, who are wanting to build their confidence and learn the steps required to re-enter or enter the working world.
In this course you will
- Be equipped with the necessary knowledge to search for work independently
- Improve your self-confidence and motivation to find work
- Re-evaluate your work goals and where necessary enabling you to develop an alternate action plan. For example identifying and enrolling in a vocational training course to develop the required skills
- Be equipped with the necessary skills to maintain employment and flourish within your work environment
- Benefits of Working
- Barriers and Fears related to Working
- Preparing for a Job- what are your strengths and what do you enjoy
- What are your work objectives
- Preparing for the Job Hunt
- Calling prospective employers and communication skills
- Building Confidence
- Dealing with Stress
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Interview skills
The program has 17 sessions and can be delivered over one week, four weeks or eight weeks, depending on the needs of the site and trainer availability.
If the program takes place over eight weeks, it involves one half days per week (three hours per session). Alternatively if once a week or four days straight it takes place over one full day per week, (five or six hours).
1). What are the main messages you will take away with you?
- “To be positive”
- “How to build on ones confidence”
- “My skills and my strengths”
- “Interview skills and phone skills”
- “That I am able to change the way I perceive what is happening”
- “What a cover letter should look like”
- “Showing your positives and downplaying negatives”
2) What do you enjoy most about the program?
- “Learning how to be confident and enjoy everyones’ company.”
- “How much I learnt.”
- “Meeting new people.”
- “The way the program was presented was excellent. The content was more insightful and helpful than I expected.”
- “It got me out of the house for a while and spend time with other people in my position."
3) Did the program meet your expectations?
- “Yes it did I learnt heaps of stuff I didn’t know about I now know more about.”
- “Exceeded, I was expecting just a dredge of cliché info and it was much better than that.”
- “Yes it was helpful.”
- “Yes it did, I learnt heaps of stuff I didn’t know about and I know more now.”
- “Pretty much. Cleared up some of my concerns."
- “Yes I am walking away with more confidence.”
- “Yeah, it was a fun productive atmosphere.”
4) Your thoughts on the trainer style and presentation
- “Very informative and efficient. Very approachable and easy to understand and presented in an engaging way that made the time seem less.”
- “She was on the ball, organised and enthused for all our sakes.”
- “Very friendly, patient and understanding.”
- “I loved the trainer and I thought she was a great teacher.”
- “The trainer was wonderful, non judgemental.”
- “The trainer knew her material. I found it useful that she used practical work examples.”
- “Awesome, friendly. Presentation was good. I liked it.”